The menu for this party was super easy and very yummy. In addition to this beautiful icing mountain (not exactly the vision I was going for!) Rudy and I made from a Duncan Hines box, we had a great picnic spread.
After picking up their paper lunch sack guests could pick from:
- Two kinds of snack mixes - Peanut Free (pretzels, chex, honey grahams, puffs, raisins and goldfish) and a Sweet and Salty mix (pretzels, M&Ms, goldfish, chex and dry roasted peanuts)
- Sun Chips in a variety of flavors
- Fresh Fruit (apples, bananas and tangerines)
- Sandwiches individually wrapped (PB&J, Pimiento Cheese, Cucumber and Hummus and Rosemary Turkey and Cheese)
We then served a sundae bar with the cake with a couple of gourmet flavors made by one of our friends for the adults and Neapolitan for the kids.
Ice Cream Flavors: Oat Whiskey Raisin, Peanut Butter Cup, Chocolate, Strawberry, Vanilla or Neapolitan.
Ice Cream Toppings: Sprinkles, Granola Crumble, raspberries, M&Ms, roasted almonds, caramel and chocolate.
What I would do differently:
- Nix the strawberry icecream - I didn't have too many takers
- Make more PB&J and pimiento cheese - these were by far the favorites
- Use a pound cake mix instead of yellow cake - it crumbled too much when rudy and I went to ice it.