Rudy and I just got back from an awesome vacation to Zion National Park and Springdale, AZ. I thought I would fill you in on the details of our trip in case you would like to visit. I would highly recommend it!
Rudy and Reed checking out the onsite tree house at Flannigan's.
Mushrooms - we had this many in one dish!
Wildcat Willies - Yes, we ate a place call Wildcat Willies. When we were walking by we noticed people inside eating these amazing looking breakfasts so we stopped in. I had a veggie three cheese omelet and Rudy had the Baja Sunrise. My selection was very good, Rudy's was amazing. I definitely had plate envy! They have open mic nights and karaoke nights...I wish we could have been there for one of those!
Whiptail Grill - This one doesn't have a website for you to check out the menu but it was so good. Two people at Flannigan's recommended it and it was AWESOME. We got some great Mexican here. We actually got our food to go so I could watch the Bachelor finale (I know, watching the Bachelor in Zion !?) but also so we could get Reed into bed early. They have a great patio and a good casual vibe.
Cafe Soleil - This was a good little cafe to get coffee and breakfast or lunch. I had a breakfast burrito that was pretty good. I would definitely say that Wildcat Willies and Oscar's was better if you compared my menu selections but I am sure other things are worth trying. Their website isn't currently working.
Things to Do:
- Hiking and enjoying the park
- Polygamist Spotting - Just kidding - but kind of not really. I kind of have this weird fascination and two of the largest FLDS (Fundamentalist Latter Day Saints) groups are near this area. I read the book The 19th wife and got hooked. So I was oddly excited when we saw a family at a local gas station.
- Drinking Wine - no vineyards but lots of nice patios for sitting and having a glass!
- Beer tasting - several micro breweries in the area. They even have one called Polygamy Porter with the clever slogan - "better ask your wife before you have one." or something like that.
- Spiritual journeys/yoga - this area is very zen...I am not into that stuff but can see why others travel here to do it.
It was a great trip...we really went big for Reed's first excursion! Can't wait to get on the road again...next time we will probably pick something in our time zone. :)