Although we were all sad to no longer be working with Ruthie, we were so happy for her to embark on a new career and wanted to celebrate this new chapter in her life. In the spirit of celebration, I decided to throw her a dessert and champagne party. I had been eager to try my hand at a fabulous dessert table, and this was the perfect opportunity.
Ruthie has a great sense of style, so I knew the beautiful color combination of yellow and gray would suit this party perfectly. I kept the decor simple: a yellow and white chevron table runner, yellow, gray & white fabric Poms (find tutorial here http://www.oncewed.com/24140/wedding-blog/diy-wedding/diy-fabric-poms/ although I used Styrofoam balls instead), and a photo display of pictures from her 8 years working a MDA. I added some small vases of sunflowers and created printed menu cards using scrapbook paper.
Now for the desserts...yum! A combination of mini treats to include:
- apple pies and peach pies made in 4oz mason jars (almost too cute to eat!)
- oreo truffles
- lemon cheesecakes topped with a dollop of lemon curd and fresh blueberries - the favorite dessert of the night
- rainbow fruit skewers (sooo pretty)
- red velvet push cakes with cream cheese frosting (better suited for a kids party but I had bought these push cake containers months before and I was just dying to finally use them)
- and finally, tiramisu shooters with a chocolate star garnish
Served with a tasty (and deceptively deadly) champagne punch!
It was an awesome party - since I was pregnant I enjoyed every last bite!
If you want any of the recipes, just let me know!