I am not finished yet but did add the trim last night. This is definitely a project that takes longer than you expect it too! As a reminder, I am adding the trim because 1. it will look cuter and 2. to cover up the painters tape I put around the edges to make it more stable.
First I cut red card stock in half lengthwise. Then I took a glass to made my scalloped edges.
I cut out one as a template and then created a total of 8 to wrap around the boat. I had to cut some smaller pieces to fill in the gaps. I used tape to attach it.
Here is the boat with the trim. This morning I noticed that some of the pieces were starting to pop off so I am going to back with glue.
Stay tuned for the finished boat after this weekend!